Monday, November 29, 2010

Old is new again... (Pt. 2)

Charlie and I had just made our way outside the lofts to make the two-block walk to the park when I noticed broken glass behind my Equinox.

But the car was still there, and I know I made sure to take all my valuables with me. What gives?

On closer inspection, the glass wasn't from Ernie the Equinox. It was from the Thunderbird I'd seen parked behind me the night before. Unfortunately, that car was now gone. I checked all my windows and sighed that sigh of relief seeing all were intact. But when I got to the driver's side window, I noticed my CDs and car forms were all over the place!

I went to open the door -- which was unlocked -- and the alarm went off. I'm thinking whoever jumped in the front seat dug for what they could after the alarm sounded and bounced.

They took nothing. Even my mp3 player was left inside.

Maybe it was a homeless person, rummaging for something they could sell. Or maybe it was an mp3 snob, upset that I didn't have an Apple product.

Either way, what a welcome to my new city...

2 comments:

Soldier said...

Oh wow StLouis, wow... Welcome home ?

That appartment building looked so nice.

Nobody not really... said...

It's not exactly (Detroit) home, but it feels good...