Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"It's the most wonderful time..."

I'm blogging on break from an assignment that was supposed to be over a looooooooong time ago.

But I'm blogging in clothes I bought in 2006. Yeah, it could sound like I'm some cheap bastard. But I'm not.

In 2006, I'd sort of kept off the weight I lost my last year in college from walking everywhere (didn't buy a car for a reason) and bought a crapload of clothes.

A year later, none of them fit.

Then in January, my boy Kyle and I (along with a few other stragglers) took to getting our bodies right for the new year. Kyle looks like a string bean with a big head. Robbyn, my homie and also Kyle's woman, is trying to bring sexy back with flowing dresses and other clothing that fits to form.

Me? It's been a little more rough. I was told early on to concentrate on cardio so that I could lose more weight early on. "It'll make it easier to gain stamina for the long fight you're in," I was told.

I'm down nearly 80 pounds since Jan. 1. It worked right? Right?

It did, but my body is still out of wack. That's why I've hired a trainer for the sculpting. I mean, I may still look odd to myself, but it won't be the same way to others.

And, eventually, I'll be throwing away the clothes I've kept in the back of the closet since 2006. Cuz a shopping trip will be in order.

1 comment:

fuzzy said...

I mean well damn! 80lbs is still a ridiculously large achievement! lol