Friday, December 5, 2008

I feel a rant coming on in 5...4...3...2.........

Oh where, oh where, has the talent gone?

I went through the list of Grammy nominees and realized that music in 2008 was surely dead. Why does BeYAWNsay have a Grammy nod for a performance of "Me, Myself and I?" I mean, it was hot when she did the song in 2003!

I don't understand how "Year of the Gentleman" by Ne-Yo has been nominated for Album of the Year. There are people (Mary J., Lil' Wayne immediately come to mind) who have produced far greater quality and haven't made noise in that list.

I had a conversation with my boy Kyle recently where we were discussing why I don't listen to certain artists. I can't stand artists who make me feel like their experiences are beneath where I am in life. If all you have to talk about is money, cars, clothes and hoes, you gotta go. My CD player ain't the place for you.

I can't wait for the new Brandy to hit stores next week. I need quality in my life. Especially after a season where Johnnie Legendary put out some fast paced crap. And M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" didn't even mention paper planes. Let's not even talk about that last Usher album.

Am I alone? Probably not, since record sales are still off by a longshot from where they were three years ago.

What say you? What's missing from music? I mean, I've been able to get my run on with hot beats, but none of this stuff has been sustaining...

3 comments:

jerzey_reality said...

now y did her ass sing that song???? she coulda got on that stage and put a ring on it...or be a diva...say hello..or somethin n them dereon jeans

Ladynay said...

You actually watched that? I gave up on award shows a long time ago.

Most music has crossed over so much it all sounds the same.

fuzzy said...

i mean beyonce is okay to me. i like her songs and a few get my pumped for the club... i have only heard 1 or 2 that i liiked the lyrics of. if she doesnt do better, she will have to hang up them Dereon Jeans!!!