Monday, March 9, 2009

Hypocrisy?

Radio stations across the country are turning away from playing Chris Brown as he and Rihanna go through this ugly court process over the fact that he smacked her up and threatened to kill her.

That's right, no more "Kiss, Kiss." Don't tell me "Yo." Not gonna be "With You." He's the only one who can "Run It!"

I like the music dude's been putting out, but even I've cringe and change the channel when Forever" comes on (and not just because I hated the song, either). It's out of courtesy for their trials and tribulations. When they're done in court, depending on how he handles all this, I may put him back in, unlike I did R. Kelly.

Too bad I seem to be the only person who put down the Pied Piper.

People spent the 90s making kids to R. Kelly's music. Now, he's having doin the "Bump 'N Grind" wit those kids.

What gives?

He wasn't found guilty, but the most grainy footage in the world showed what was clearly R. Kelly swapping spit (and other bodily functions) with a girl too young to have hair "down there."

But none of that mattered as long as he was putting out "Flirt," "Trapped in the Closet" and "Step in the Name of Love."

Yeah, that hurt to me. We as a people were basically tellin him that it was OK to do what he'd been accused of, and we'd still cop his shyt if it was hot enough. Meanwhile Brandy puts out the bravest (and best) CDs of her career and nobody hardly bats an eye.

What up wit that?

Now CB's being called to the carpet.

Too bad we couldn't have made an example out of R. Kelly. Maybe CB wouldn't be in the studio now putting together his third disc...

2 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

Yup - it's definitely hypocrisy...definitely. Although, I loves me some R. Kelly - lol, I don't think he did it.

Unknown said...

The RKelly mess is just that...mess...I stopped playing - we won't even speak of buying - his music after I repeatedly watched that monstrosity on video...ROFL...but seriously, I was disgusted with minorities as a whole for their support of Kelly.
As for Brown, sadly this will likely cost him his career as he knew it and Rhianna's decision to return to him has just had her career buy the farm as well. Folks went from rallying behind her to nodding their heads in disgust. Such is life...to those that much is given, much is expected.