Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Make them stop sending me free food!

Pizza Hut and Papa John's and Golden Corral and Sonic.
These are a few of my favorite things.


And they've also been hit hard by the economic downturn. What other reason could there be for them sending me all these free food coupons?

This morning, I woke up to an offer from Pizza Hut: Get a .99 cent pizza on us, it said, just for purchasing one of equal or greater value.

My mind's tellin me nooooooooooooo!
But my stooooooomach, my stooooooomach's tellin me yesssssss!


I'm not going into detail about what it took for me to delete that e-mail. Let's just say I've got a new pair of shoes coming in the mail instead.

It seems like everywhere I turn, there's something going on to get me off track with this damn diet (yes, I'm admitting that it's a diet). Starting on the first day of Lent, I swore off junk food with the notion it'd be the jumpstart I needed to get back on the wagon and lose this additional 60 (now 70) pounds that've been nagging me.

I tried holding out in other areas of my life... no dice.

Then, I tried only awarding myself after I'd reached a certain level... uh uh.

Last chance, for romannnnnnnnnce!


I jumped on the scale after deleting the message, though I've been telling myself not to do that until the end of the week. I'm down 7 pounds since last Tuesday. Nothing wrong with that, especially considering I've only been to the gym three times.

But if I get something that's FREE free, it's on...

3 comments:

jerzey_reality said...

dont b wearin them Dereon jeans in the gym...but good job on losin the 7 pounds in 7 days...care to share the secret lol

Unknown said...

Well, as I looked in the mirror and realized my work slacks now look like spandex, it's that time to cut the crap and get to work. Stay away from that junk, you're doing too good for that. We want to see pics, so post ASAP. Good work!

Jameil said...

oh no! lol. restaurants be hatin!