Thursday, November 13, 2008

I didn't make my goal...

I got comfortable with my weight because people would always say "you're tall, so you wear it well."

Tell that to my aches that came from toting around nearly 400 pounds for more than two years. Depression was the reason it was able to creep so high. My goal was to keep myself happy and get it off.

I'm still proud of the progress. Right now, I weigh less than I did at the beginning of 2006.

By the beginning of 2009, I plan on weighing less than that.

My goal of 100 pounds is still in sight, but i think I like the slow and easy process more. I'm beginning to see more definition since I began using weights. My problem area -- my stomach -- is still a mess, but it's a more manageable one than before.

In December, I plan to do more preparing for the year to come.

Then, I'll set small goals to reach during 2009.

By the summer, I plan on being on someone's beach doing my thing. And without the comforts of a wife beater or that arm we all hold around our waists, acting like it hides all the imperfections.

Thanks, folks, for the encouragement. It's a big part of why I was able to get through this.

10 comments:

A. said...

WOW. You look GREAT Marlon. That's FAB progress. I have to say that the fact that you didn't meet your goals means that you're losing the weight in a health manner - not too much too fast. EXCELLENT.

Promiscuous X said...

Keep up the good work man. Things take time and you have plenty so make it happen pimpn

Darius T. Williams said...

You look fine...honestly you do. But I can understand about having a goal and wanting to reach it. I had a goal...I reached it - then I figured out a passion - food - then I started making money with food - now I'm about to figure out how to make more money with food - the hell with that weight goal. Hmmm - horrible, I know. What's a guy to do.

Keep up the good work.

jerzey_reality said...

thas wassup...progress is great and I know it feels good to see progress after u put n the effort. Ull be walkin n ur dereon jeans soon lol

fuzzy said...

you know we need to talk... yea i know we talk like everyday but we need to talk. talk about us. what about all of the things that you said? what about all of the promises you made? what about all of the ICE that you gave, what about all of the Dereon Jeans, WHAT ABOUT, WHAT ABOUT WHAT ABOUT US?

Unknown said...

You're doing good...keep up your own pace and all will be fine!

Ladynay said...

*applause*

Nice butt.

Now get to work! That beginning of '09 goal will be here b4 you know it!

-Ladynay <---on the better life road withcha'

Pharoah said...

Hello there, I am just exploring various blogs and found yours. from the picture you posted, I'd say you look good. However I understand the importance of setting a goal and meeting it. Good luck.

Acoustic Soul said...

I've been on the road of weight loss. You look good. Keep up the good work.

Promiscuous X said...

Lady Nay I 2nd that

NICE ASS MAN LMAO