Friday, November 21, 2008

Introducing: Charlie


When I think things are going too well, I add something to the mix to challenge myself. When I think I'm headed toward the path of destruction, I change courses.

All that to say I bought a puppy.

She's about 9 weeks old, mixed with a Collie and something else that made her freakin adorable and about as nosy as her daddy :-)

I took my boy Earnest (who's had a dog before) with me to pick her up. I knew I'd have to make a pitstop at the local pet store on the way home. He'd be able to get me through there without choking on the price of puppy accessories.

The puppy lady rushed the dog into my arms, hugged her one last time and made me promise to update her on the pup's situation. If I wanted to give her back, she'd meet me halfway for a pass-off. Everything was going great.

Which means something was bound to happen.

On the ride home, Earnest noticed something on her head. Turns out she had fleas.

I purchased dog food with which she hadn't been accustom. Diarrhea much?

After a trip outside to the bathroom, she wanted to climb into bed with me and snuggle up for the long night. Would've been great, had it not been for those damn fleas.

She spent her night with her pallet set up on the floor in the laundry room, after first being fitted in the bathroom, then the linen closet.


What? I dunno how dogs roll!

But I'll be finding out. This weekend is daddy-daughter bonding. Hopefully, I can get her used to hearing her name, then learning how to not piss on my carpet. Did I forget to mention that?

6 comments:

jerzey_reality said...

She's soooo cute...put her nose in her piss..she'll get the idea eventually.

Where my dogs at?
We right here dog...
Where my dogs at?
We right here dog..in our dereon jeans

fuzzy said...

fleas? thats a no no! Hide the Dereon Jeans, don't want the cutie chewin them up!

fuzzy said...

Looking for a dog...

Darius T. Williams said...

Ewww - pissing on the carpet?

The dog is a cutie though.

I hope you enjoy.

I want a dog. I think.

Unknown said...

Busta - my miniature Schnauzer - is 9 years old this year and he's truly family...with a good first year of stern training and time investment they are really easy-going life-long companions. Enjoy Charlie...get her fixed and keep her out of your bed...it doesn't work well later when she needs to hit the floor because your man doesn't want to squeeze into bed with the two of you. ;)

Ladynay said...

YAY puppy!

Good luck!