Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is there a such thing as being "too available?"

SO a friend of mine decided to chime in on my love life -- more specifically why I'm continuing on the crash-and-burn route.

The conversation started like any other. Five minutes in, the tone changed.

"I have a problem with your whole routine of letting people get at you and then you showing them you're feelin it."

It made sense.

I'm a champion on being aggressive yet I've not been the aggressor in my last three relationships. Is it that I'm afraid of getting hurt? It's obviously not that, as I've been hurt anyway. I just think I like the fact that I was chosen. Somewhere in the chain, my "new car smell" faded.

My mom told me last year that I need to stop chasing the rainbow and become the pot of gold. I think I might switch that aroud -- since that's what's gotten me into this predicament anyway.

It's time to show these chicks why I am who I am, and for them to succumb to the flavor of the month. For January, it's tall drink of caramel flavored water. At least, that's what it looks like...

What say you? When do you decide to look for what you want instead of waiting for it to come to you?

3 comments:

Ladynay said...

Not a question for me since I've always been the one choosing and going after what I want.

Darius T. Williams said...

You know what? That's such an interesting question. I'm not sure when I decide to look for it. Well, hell - I don't have it - so I'm not sure I even am going looking for it. Hmmm - great question.

fuzzy said...

as a man, you are supposed to make things happen! As the man, you are supposed to look! So I'm gonna tell you to man up! lol