Monday, April 27, 2009

Blame it on the...

The tennis game was exhausting.

Caprice, the 34-year-old who may become a regular hitting buddy, ran circles around me for nearly two hours, with a score of 6-1, 6-4. It didn't matter. After the first reply to my Craigslist ad, just getting out on the court was a blessing.

So I jumped in the car after the match, called my boy Greg back and remembered Mickey D's is offering any size drink for a dollar.

Great!

The plan was simple: Pull through, get sweet tea, keep it moving.

By the time I pulled on my street, it was gone. It. Was. That. Good. And I wanted more.

So I hatched another plan.

I kept driving past my house, through to the other end of the road, near a gas station. I pulled in a block later.

It was another McDonald's.

This time, I ordered a sandwich. When I got to the window, I asked the woman for a refill on my drink.

She stared back.

"I. Want. A. Refill." I said, like the Mexican woman couldn't speak English. I felt bad, but PC goes out the window when the sweet tea is callin!

"Let me ask my manager," she said. By now, Greg couldn't stop laughing at me.

The manager told me to come inside to get a refill. When I got inside, they looked dumbfounded.

Like I wasn't gonna come in for some free stuff? Psssh.

So I drove home, Greg still laughing at me, determined to drink slower the second time around...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...nyc is a little different kid...they woulda had u wringin your shirt out for ur next cup of refill tea

fuzzy said...

remembering when you called me about this... I'm still laughing about this! Get a smaller straw, less ice and let have at it... lmao

Cunty Black Woman said...

Why. Are. You. So. Ignorant?

*sighs*