Sunday, October 26, 2008

The sacrifice to beat all sacrifices...

I'm giving up all forms of sex until Nov. 17.

There, I said it.

Every so often, I do something to challenge myself. Usually, it's something I've become dependent upon that I need to lay off. Last year, it was chocolate.

This is going to be the hardest thing I think I've done in the last year. Why is it so hard for me to even contemplate this? You know how they do on Biggest Loser where they give you all your favorites before the weight loss begins?

I'm having a party tonight!

What say you? Could you do it? Have you done it? On purpose? Am I fooling myself? Is this all TMI?

6 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

It's not TMI - it's your blog.

But um, giving it up until 11/17 and then taking it back? It's like Lent. I never understood that.

Do you though. Keep us posted on the progress!

jerzey_reality said...

Good luck wit that...i think the longest i ever went witout sex was like 10months....clearly im not tryin to let that happen again lol

Nobody not really... said...

OK, you said sex. I'm talking about "everything." How long have you ever gone cold turkey?

jerzey_reality said...

everything huh??? ummm I think the longest I've gone without doin anything/everything was maybe 2 weeks

Unknown said...

Hmmm...that's a tough one...if you're talking 'self pleasure' as well, then I'd have to say, heck no, I can't do it. I wonder though...you're doing this for what reason? Buddy-boy, you're going to have plenty of time in your golden years to NOT have a choice in the matter...enjoy that good stuff now.

Soldier said...

Y Nov 17 ?

And mmm.. Y r u doin this ? (rollin eyes)