Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday Randomness... Vol. 4

I want a relationship that actually feels like a relationship.

I get hit up all the time by people who claim they can add everything to my life that I'm missing. had a girl tell me last month that she could be the freak she knew I needed. I laughed. Hard.

But while I dated someone the last six or so months, I always felt like something was missing.

It was. Me.

I'd spent so much time making sure things were going well that I never stopped to ask myself what I wanted. I think the fact that I'd been led to believe there was a future for us was enough for me.

No longer. I ended it last week.

I've got a good paying job, an apartment I'm content with until the house comes along and an SUV that, thanks to the Gas Gods, isn't putting me into debt. But I still feel like that one thing continues to elude me.

What say you? When the lights go down and it's just you in the house, what do you yearn for?

6 comments:

Ladynay said...

I can add everything to your life that your missing....

HAHAHAHA Let me stop being mean.

Hmmmmm when the lights go down and it's just me in the house, what do I yearn for????? Being that I have a child it's rare for me to be home alone but when I do get the pleasure of a house to myself I yearn for r/x/nc17 rated movies, sex outside my room, hell sex where we don't have to keep it down, LOL! a man I like walking through the place in wife beater, boxer briefs and socks, complete quiet, sleeping till my body naturally wakes up, eating my favorite food without sharing, adult conversation, the list goes on and on...

Now that my mind is off of sexy black men in their underwear...tee hee hee

I am going to have to kick you for laughing at that woman for trying to hook you up with the royal freak treatment! You could have said no thank you and laughed later! ROFL!

Unknown said...

I yearn to be free...
Free of HAVING to work to survive...
Free to do exactly what I love for a living...
Free to love my man and show my affection without looking over my shoulder because I may be in a public place that isn't so accepting...
Free of the demons of vanity...
Ummm...yeah, I yearn to be free.

Darius T. Williams said...

To be wanted...plain and simple.

Nobody not really... said...

Damn Nay. Who knew?

deonte' k said...

I year to just continue being happy and hope for much better things in my life to come. :)

deonte' k said...

oppps in my last comment I met yearn lol... my bad ;)