Friday, October 24, 2008

They cost me $5...



And I don't wanna throw them away.

I mean, they were navy, pin-striped and the size I wanted to be in by the end of 2006.

I never got there.

So imagine my surprise when I saw them folded up in the bottom of a bin after I moved two weeks ago. I pulled them out, and they fit.

And they fit well.

But, alas, I'm "match" challenged. There's no girlfriend -- or even gay friend -- to help me with these things. They all usually look at me like "you did well enough, so you don't need help."

Lord only knows why people trust me so.

So I'm figuring I'd ask the people who help me the most -- yeah, that's you... lol

What do you do with pin-striped pants? I mean, I went online, but the only pics I saw were of women and some guy who was wearing a t-shirt.

Neither style would fit me.

It's funny, the things I've found myself wearing as I let this weight drop off. I doubt I'd have ever put these pants on when I was at the height of my weight. Next, I'll probably try a pink shirt.

Or maybe not.

6 comments:

Soldier said...

People usually choose a shirt with a color that matches the stripes of the pants... i think... me and stripes... mmm....

fuzzy said...

soldier I'm gonna need you to be sure! You will be a lucky one that I will be talking to when I need matching help! My fashion is in the ground...

fuzzy said...

oh... congrats on the weight loss! :) can I have it? I need it...

Ladynay said...

I've heard what soldier said before but let me google that...

Okay per askmen.com:

"The stripes in all well-made suits will connect at the seams. Try wearing a solid shirt with such a suit, matching the color of the stripe, and a mild-patterned tie that brings it all together."

Taa daaa! LOL

Nikki Nicole said...

Just saw Chris Rock -- LIVE and for FREE! -- and he was rocking some pinstripe pants with a dark navy blue sweater and a strip shirt underneath. Hawt. You should try that.

Darius T. Williams said...

Hmm - I'm no fashion expert - but I dress for Corporate America everyday. I have more hits than misses.

I'd say a solid color shirt - no patterns. Something light. I'd go for white, cream, light blue, or even pink - it'd work great. BUT, if you wanna step it up a bit - don't wear black shoes or a black belt. Wear brown. Not doo doo brown - but the kind that's a bit lighter. Lemme go find you a pic..hold on...

*searching google images*

http://82.111.27.26/content/products/25097_l.jpg

That color brown for the shoe and the belt!

I hate seeing men with black shoes and brown belt.