Friday, September 5, 2008

Waiting My Turn

What if I was on the Dow Jones
MAW flashing across the ticker
Would I be worthy of your portfolio
Or is that penny stock more up your clicker

What if I were that doggie in the window
Surely I deserve to be bought
But when the newness rubs off
Would I still be a priority in your thoughts

Don't let my "good guy" deceive
My bad guy still has his moments
I'm not the type to always please
But still capable of having some sense

Lonely sometimes feels just right
But often the bed gets so cold
That a second party is a welcome act
And that spooning session feels like gold

Maybe I'm not ready
Maybe it's not my time
Maybe the right one for me
Hasn't found their place in line

Not like I'm asking for much
Only appreciation and fun times
Doesn't even have to be a dime
Just someone worth me spending my time

3 comments:

fuzzy said...

I really shed a tear reading this...

Ladynay said...

Most can ID with this poem. :-(

Promiscuous X said...

Wow dam now I wanna spoon and want sum 1 worth my time.

Good post man werd up Damm. I wonder wat inspired this. I definetly hit home over here